Sunday, April 1, 2012

OHMYGODIAMSOSLACK ... SAUCE

'Scuse the title of this post but really it stands for two things - first, I'm REALLY sorry to all you loyal readers because I've been REALLY slack with Tweatery lately. What can I say? Life happens. I've been busy busy with work and I had a quick trip overseas for work to Austin, Texas (OMG THE FOOD) and well if it wasn't a text from a friend/reader earlier tonight I probably wouldn't be doing this post right now.

That being said for my first post back in over 2 months I decided to do a really fitting sauce for a pasta dish that matches my 'ohmygodIamsoslack' feeling. That's because quite simply this sauce is really quick, really easy - in fact it's so quit it's barely a recipe. But it's delicious on filled pasta (ravioli, tortellini) or a wide fettuccine.





OhmgodIamsoslack Sauce
The Recipe (Coats about 500g of fettucine or 350g of filled pasta)

  •  3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 bunch of fresh sage, washed
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp olive oil




With a few minutes to go on your pasta, put olive oil and salt in a pan. Rinse fresh sage really well and then rip in half. Add to pan and start to cook until slightly crispy. Take off heat for a few seconds and put your butter and salt in the frying pan.

Let the butter and sage go a slight slight brown and then add your cooked pasta. Put your 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese in and extra salt to season. Coat the pasta well ensuring it's all covered in the burnt butter and sage sauce. Serve immediately (and make sure you've got a bit of crusty bread left over to wipe up the delicious sauce)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your recipe here!